my son just started eating lumper baby food. i also give he gerber puff, teething biscuits,and lil crunchies. i'm scared to give him small piece of cook chicken because of choking. Are there any tricks to make it go smoothly. He will b 12 mos sunday

msjada2582

Asked by msjada2582 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd rather give my baby a piece of tender chicken then those teething biscuits. If your son is doing alright with them I don't see harm in giving him chicken. The teething biscuits can cause choking more so then a tiny piece of chicken. Just cook the chicken so it's very tender and juicy.
    Anonymous

• you could boil the chicken.. making it really soft. :)

I always make really tender/juicey chicken so it was never an issue. I cut it into tiny bites, about the size of the gerber puffs when my daughter was that age. She loved it!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• He is 12 months old? Give him the chicken. My son was doing all he could to eat a drumstick from Popeyes by that time. He's loved Popeyes ever since. I did the same thing with my nephew. Something about them holding it themselves...loved it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my dauther is 6 mths shes eating gerber puffs and we do give her chicken already and she does great with it ofcourse i had to take infant cpr and so did the rest of the family if you dint take it i dont let you babysit or feed my hild but i think the fact that i know i cnahelp her incase she does choke helps alot and if you dont star teaching them that they must chew they will have trouble with food later on my cousins baby is 2 and cant eat big pices of food because he chokes so i just sugest major supervision!!
    nanysmommy

Answer by nanysmommy at 3:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2009