i'm having a c-section on the 24th of this month. i have to. i'm very scared something bad is going to happen to me..

Chrissy89492

Asked by Chrissy89492 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For starters, why do you have to?

If it truly is an emergency, then don't let fear get to you. Don't think about the what if's, just the outcome. Hugs.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• When you see yor doctor tell them this (It's what I told my doc when I had my c-section) "I know you have a stash in your office of the REALLY good medicine that you save for when your family comes to the hospital. I want that medicine put in my epidural. Give me the good stuff."

Don't sweat it Mama. It will all be ok. Just think about meeting your new Tiny Face after it's done.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• c-sections are much more common today than they were 20 years ago. try not to let the fear bug you too much. i knew from the begining of my 1st preg i'd have to have a c-sec, i figured it'd be just my luck, and with my history for girlie stuff i was right. and i was terrified the whole time, right up until i went in for the surgery when i realized hey they do this all the time, and i get to see my baby girl soon. just try not to think what if, think of the result, you get to meet your baby. and don't worry about feeling you have to explain why you get a c-sec i found i felt that way (and still do sometimes) to some people. and well really its not their business in the first place, that is what was best for you and your child thats all that matters
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• no offense meant to the first poster about my above comments, just letting chrissy know that those feelings will be common too and to try and move past them
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• What is considered a have to situation?

Millions of mom's survive a c-section, but if you are truly scared and it is not a situation like placenta previa then you dont "have to" do anything.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Good luck I hope everything goes great for you. I had a natural birth with assisted delivery and to this very day I wish it had been a c-section. So no matter what situation there can always be good and bad things. I'm sure you will be fine.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I had to have a c-section and it was not so bad. Had some problems getting my blood pressure up afterwards (it was 44/34). Other than that, I had no pain meds and I went home after 3 days.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I was suppose to have one but it was for a bull reason cuz my dr. wanted me too but now i know better and why do you have to have one??
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I've had 3 c-sections (not by choice, dont bash please) and they are very routine, try to relax, you are going to be in good hands!
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Go take a hypno-birthing course...you don't have to have a natural delivery, but you'll want to if you take the course! Make sure it's the Marie Mongan method, she's the creator...if you want more info, send me a message. Good luck!
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 5:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009