Would you join a group like this?

Ok, so I wasthinking about starting a group on CM for all the moms who want to discuss religion to gain knowledge. Obivously, it will not be a group for bashing people for their beliefs and there will be strict rules against it. But I don't want to start the group if no one will join.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Color me there!!

I'd LOVE this kind of group!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I think I would sit back and watch for a little while to see what type of group it really turned into. I wouldn't want to join one that only focused on Christianity.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Oh no, it would be for all religions. I am a spiritualist, so i would include all religions. I want to learn about religions that are not as common in my area as they are around the world. Buddism, Hinduism, even Native American beliefs and religions.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• There are a few groups already dedicated to that, some are debate...some are not.

Would yours be more of a section for each and then discussions go or would it be more like debate style?
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It would be for discussion. If you had a quesiotn about a certain part or practice of a certain religion, you could ask it without worrying about getting bashed. I would call the group Religious Tolerance.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I do belong to a couple of groups like that already. Why not just join them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I'd be game! As a matter of fact, if you do create said group, PLEASE let me know!

and, as others have said, there are some pretty good groups on here that do this - my favorite is unorganized religion, its great, but there are others as well!

but if you do decide to do this let me know!!!

=D

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• there are a few groups already like this. Respect is a good one http://www.cafemom.com/group/29805/ that's the link for the group.

Religious Roundtable is another good one. http://www.cafemom.com/group/94103/ Yes it's a debate but they are not catty and if you are there to learn...they invite that, not bash you if you lurk like some groups.

then of course there is Religious Debate. I lurk there and the new management is a joke...but sometimes you still get the info on religions. http://www.cafemom.com/group/218/ 

Anonymous

• I would certainly be open to a group that focus on religious tolerance. I am all for that!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I started one that believes that the second coming has already happened. I believe that many religions and other sources can provide the information for fulfilled prophecies, and I don't place restrictions on religion or lack of it for membership. Thanks for posting this! I've been wanting to do a little advertising myself!

Preterists Unite! is the group name, but I'm so new to hyperlinks that I don't have the link in.

rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009