Easter eggs. Am i able to boil, refridgerate and then color

We were going to color the eggs and then something came up after I boiled them. Is is OK to color them after they have been refridgerated? My mom said they wont color due to sweating.

funpolice

Asked by funpolice at 3:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• you are supposed to let them cool first anyways. but yes, my girlfriend just had her sons bday party and we boiled the eggs two days before the party (they dyed eggs) and they colored just fine after being refridge for 2 days
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't see why you can't do that.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• They will come out better if you let them sit on the counter for about an hour. But, if you don't have time....cold works fine too! ~*~*~ HAVE FUN!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• they will sweat and get color on everything they touch if you do them straight from frig. Take them out and let them warm enough to get the chill off them. Make sure they are completely dry before putting them away.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009