Should I count as a mother yet?

my mom wants me to come to a mothers day church breakfast for mommies and Im pregnant but I dont know if I should count myself as one yet. Should I?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Heck yeah mama!!! You are a mother who is caring for, nurturing, watching over, and loving a little baby forming in your belly!! I was 5 months pregnant on Mothers Day last year and hubby had me dress up and we went out to eat. I will ALWAYS remember my first Mommy's Day! And the other moms will fuss all over you too!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• of course you should go! You are a mom to a baby it just hasnt arrived yet!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• if your mom invited you im sure its fine. i felt the same way, so i really don't have a yes or no answer. i was a waitress w/my first and all the mommies got flowers to wear if they had to work that day and they got me one..i was like ummm im not a mommy for 6 more months don't you think thats a little weird. and they all told me nope, when you have to start carrying it around you are now mommy. so look at it that way
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Absolutely go. My Mom invited me to a very special brunch for Mothers Day when I was 6 weeks pregnant. I was so sick I couldn't eat anything..lol..but it is still a very special memory.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Of corse!!! You love yor baby, you take care of him.her, and I am sure you worry about him/her too. You are a mommy!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i went to a mommys day brunch when my first LO was still in the oven..we're just Mommy's to be!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• YES! you should still go, of course you count!!
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yes you should be count as a mommy ..why not ?? It's a special day and your prego ...enjoy it !!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yes you are a mommy your precious baby just isnt here yet. but you still have responsibilty of being a mom while pregnant
    sfewell09

Answer by sfewell09 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009