Whats wrong with me?

For some reason i have been having dreams about an ex ( actually my first love) we had a rocky relationship and when we broke i waited for him to come back to me but he never did ... so then,i met my SO and had my children..i love my SO and want to marry him. but the other day my ex messaged me on myspace just to say hi..when i say it my heart dropped ( i felt like i was 13 and just had my first kiss) and i just started to cry..i'm not sure why i cried but i did..i haven't messaged him back even though i want to and don't want to be rude but i'm afraid that if i talk to him..something may happen and i don't want to ruin my family...what should i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you have alot of unresolved feeling for him its obvious because you got so emotional. I would advise if you are really happy in your relationship to just ignore the message.
    Anonymous

• I think you answered your own dilemma in your post.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Hmm, I think before you contact him you should take some time to think about the life you have now. Is this other guy worth breaking up your family? Would he make a good father to your children? If you leave your current man and try something out with the guy and it doesnt last how will you feel? Can you be totally happy and sure if you walk down the aisle with your current man? You have alot to figure out and you shouldnt start talking to him until YOU know. Talking to him will probably just sway you blindly towards him.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Sounds to me you have moved past him..So leave it/him alone

Answer by louise2 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Sounds to me that it's unresolved.. and that before you do marry your current, you should resolve your feelings with your ex, and that doesn'tmean I'm suggesting that you msg him, talk to him, meet with him etc... only that you need to work out what you're feeling in your own heart and mind because if you don't, then someday if you run in to him, how are you going to handle it?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• You never forget your first love. Listen to your heart.
    Anonymous

• stay away from him.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Delete the message and block him
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• you could ignore him... but if you do, this may always haunt you. no one can tell you how to handle this situation. I will say this: decide what's more important BEFORE you do anything. If you feel like you can't live happily with this unresolved, then message him back and resolve it. Just try to put yourself in your husband's shoes though... I would keep the conversation light, short, and friendly, then give it some time to sit with you. I had the same problem a few years ago, when I was dating my husband, and as SOON as I talked to the guy and saw what he was doing with his life, it just made me wonder what I ever saw in him, and appriciate my husband even more. I still have dreams about him sometimes though. I think it's normal never to forget or stop missing your first love, even if you know you could never be happy with that person. Once you love someone, you love them forever.
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 7:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I totally agree with MamaChamp. The grass is always greener on the other side.
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 7:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2009