just thought of something

I haven't ever had a miscarriage or still born thank god, but say you are pregnant and you lost that baby threw a miscarriage or say that you had a still born would you still be considered a mother even though it didn't make it threw to 9 months or threw the delivery? I was just curious as to if this happened if they are achually still a mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think if you were ever pregnant you are considered a mother even if you lost the baby because you grieve just the same as if they had lost a full term baby. I have never lost a baby but everyone i come across that has, has grieved for that baby they lost. So yes i think they are.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 6:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• IDK thats a good question Im dying to know....
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes
    Anonymous

• I had 2 miscarriages. I never considered myself a mother until I gave birth to my first live birth. But that's just my feelings.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i had 2 miscarriages, in the first trimester. and i grieved terribly for both, so much so that with my 3rd pregnancy i refused to look at an ultrasound or baby stuff until i was about 20 weeks. i guess i never thought of it that way either, i never considered myself a mother til i actually was holding my baby, but other people told me (as soon as i got past the first trimester on #3) that they considered me a mommy already. i guess i'm just saying thats a good question and now im curious as to what other people think. i guess if i'd been further along or had a still birth i may have considered myself a mom but not to the point where i would label myself mom first
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i never had a miscarriage or had a stillborn but my first pregnancy i had to be induced and something went wrong and i had a placental abrubtion they ended up delivering me by csection but 2 days later my son gave up fighting and passed away- after that i still considered myself a mom- and my mom got me a sweet rememberance mothers day card for mothers day that made me feel good because even though i didnt have a child to show for it- i went through the same things moms went through
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• IMO,,if you have a miscarriage with your first pregnancy.I do not count you as a mother.

Answer by louise2 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i am so sorry you had to go threw that LOVELYLI217
    Anonymous

• I was a mom because I carried my child within me.They are children from the beginning,not just at the end.I lost my daughter to stillbirth 9 years ago on April 13th.My Caitlin.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• IMO, yes if you have ever been pregnant then you are a mother. Miscarriage or not, that was still a child of yours
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009