broken nose?

my son fell and his nose was bleeding, the bleeding has stoped, but his nose is huge. it has blue,purple, and red from the tip up to his eye. he is not crying right now, but if you just barly touch it it will cry. i'm not sure what to do. should i take him to the hospital. i would take him to the doctor, but his dad has all his info and wont give it back (a whole nother story), but if anyone has any advice please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's that tender, take him to doc. If it wasn't broken, then it wouldn't hurt except for the brusing maybe.
    Anonymous

• http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tphealth/0,,40xc-2,00.html
    Anonymous

• My son broke my nose by throwing his head back and hitting me. The Dr looked at it 6 months later and said he would have to re-break it to set it back. No way, it hurt me for 2 months. I would think the sooner you get it set back the better.
    funpolice

Answer by funpolice at 4:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yeah, you need to take him to the doctor or the ER.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• take him to er. he could be having difficulting breathing from his nose
    Anonymous

• take him to the drs. its better to be safe than sorry.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 5:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2009