who else is a total klutz at baking...

i always check the recipe/box to see how long it has to stay in...then who knows how long after i put it into the oven i realize i never looked at the time when i put it in. so then i have to guess..always do it never fails

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 4:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Buy a kitchen timer.
    Anonymous

• Lol, yeah hun buy a timer. I would burn EVERYTHING without my timer!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If you're unsure if the product is done baking, use a toothpick or a knife in the middle to check for doneness (comes out clean).
    Anonymous

• the sad thing is my oven has a timer i just forget to set it! i always have to pull it out and do the knife trick and even then its not so much is it done, its i've left it in for too long and burned the bottom. this is why i don't bake i cook no baking. b/c i just burnt the bottom of my would be yummy garlic cheddar biscuits.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Next time write yourself a note and place it on your forehead as a reminder that you need to set the timer.
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty good at baking, but for the life of me, I have no luck with cookies, they always end up cakey.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I am great at baking, but the whole cooking on the stove thing, i hate it. I hate having to be right on top of things. I like to just let them sit for a while, on their own.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I can cook but baking...not so much!! I really don't like to measure and with baking you have to be precise. Cooking you can play around.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009