New Mothers/1st time Mothers

I was just curious for all you 1st time mothers what has been your biggest challenge with your LO?

melk819

Asked by melk819 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First, it was lack of sleep. Now, she's 20 months and I'm dealing with tantrums. This, too, shall pass.
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 5:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I am a first time mom, but my 'baby' just turned 3. Lack of sleep!!!!!! My daughter never slept thru the night until she was 18 months old. That was really the only big challenge for me. She doesn't do tantrums, hitting, spitting, kicking...ect. I have been very lucky with my daughter, she is a wonderful child!!!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 5:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My first 2 months was lack of sleep, but since then he's slept through the night. My son is only 7 months, but so far everything has gone pretty well! It's been hard since we have absolutely NO family around, but we found someone we trust completely to help out so that has made life a little easier!
    Anonymous

• Sleep. My 9 month old is still waking up 2-5 times during the night. And right now im sooo sick, its just hard.. The next thing in line would be the teething. She keeps eating paper...

No actually my first challenge was breast feeding. But yeah, 2 would be sleep and 3 would be teething :)
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 5:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• nursing was frustrating to me at first. I didnt realize how much babies needed to nurse and literally around the clock. no family helped out and SO worked, so there I was in pain from surgery and having no choice but to get out of bed and care for him. another hard thing, which has just recently been somewhat dismissed is his "failure to thrive" meaning his slow weight gain. the ped. had him get all this bloodwork done, liver ultrasounds..... lots of travelling had to be done. it was very tiring and frustrating. thankfully it is about over and my son can have a happy and healthy first birthday in a couple weeks!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Just getting your baby in bed and crawling in bed yourself when she wakes up and starts crying. Or just drifting off into sleep when she wakes up and starts crying. I hope she gets these days and night figures out.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My DD had acid reflux. She would projectile vomit (a good 2-3 ft stream) after almost every feeding. It took the doctor 1 1/2 months to figure it out. After a month of medicine she got better. It was a hard time for my hubby and I to see her do that. But now she is a happy healthy 8 month old.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 7:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i think the no sleep is my biggest challenge. i looove to sleep. and reading. i used to read a book a day and now it takes me an hour to get through 2 sentences...if i even have time to open the book.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009