anyone know an easy way for a child to swollow a capsel pill?

MY SON TAKES ADDERAL AND IS HAVEING A FRIEGHTING TIME TRYING TO SWALLOW IT. ITS A CAPSEL AND TIME RELEASED SO IT CAN'T BE BROKEN OR CRUSHED.

CASIEH

Asked by CASIEH at 5:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Health

• Put it in a big spoon of apple sauce or something that he like like chocolate or whatever. I cannot swallow pills without applesauce.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ask for a pill that is one that can be pulled apart and sprinkle it in applesauce. You can have him put milk or water in his mouth and hold it,tilt head back and drop down his throat as he swallows the pill. My son learned by swallowing m&m's.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I didn't start swallowing pills until I was 27. I had a huge phobia. I could do bcp and that was about it. Now I can do several at a time. My mom would get so mad at me when I was younger for wasting medicine because I wouldn't swallow it! lol But yeah, the applesauce thing works. I use to be on Effexor XR and it was time released. It auctually said in the pamplet from the pharmacy that if you couldn't swallow whole to open the capsule and sprinkle in applesauce.
    Anonymous

• Is there anything that he just eats big bites full like,I put a pill in a peach for my son and it slipped down his throat or you could try a piece of bannana. If there is a food that he will just shovel in without thinking about it, then if he doesn't know it is there it is best. GOOD LUCK.
    friendlyghost

Answer by friendlyghost at 10:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I just taught my niece to take a big gulp of drink, and hold it in her mouth. Then I would drop the pill in and she would swallow it with the drink.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2009