She keeps eating paper!!

My 9 month old keeps eating paper. I dont know where she gets it! I should take pictures of the livingroom to show you, its spotless save for the millions of baby toys laying around. I just pulled a soggy ball of it out of her mouth a few minutes ago, it looks like a grocery list. We havent been shopping in two weeks O,o
So i dont know where shes getting it. And why will she eat paper but not the baby finger foods were giving her? What do i do to keep her from eating the paper?
Im sick, so i have to keep running to the bathroom to throw up or go potty so i cant watch to see where she's getting it.

Thank you all so much!

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 5:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lay on the floor and look under the furniture and check the bottom of her toy box. When my daughter was about 11 months old, she had stashed her brothers old homework in her toybox. I kept getting on my son to make sure he isn't giving her paper and he swore up and down he wasn't. I was cleaning her toy box and found three or four partial papers in the very bottom. Sneaky little brat, huh? Do you best and understand that no matter how clean you keep things, your children will always manage to find something you would rather them not have.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my son looooves eating paper. i dont know why they eat it lol i'll be reading a magazine, brand new, he creeps up, rips a page and eats it. drives me nuts!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Get on her level and see what she sees. Maybe she's pulling it off of things or has a secret paper stash spot lol
    Anonymous

• I don't know what it is about paper, but my son loves it as well. I don't think unless they're eating it in mass amounts that it can really be that bad for them. I would say do your best to keep it away from her, but it sounds like you're definitely doing that. I'm sure she'll grow out of it soon.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my dd is 9 months too and if she spots a piece of paper across the room and I dont know she will high tail it to the piece of paper and shove it in her mouth and act as though nothing happened. It is so cute and I have had to keep my living room spotless thanks to this but she still finds some. I dont think it will hurt her but I take it out of her mouth, sometimes she will see me coming and swallow!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• babies will eat pretty much anything and they'll find junk you wouldn't have seen in a million years. my son just started crawling and he picks fuzzballs off the floor and tries to eat them
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Lol! Well im glad its normal. I'll have to have her daddy look around at her level, im too pregnant to lay on the floor.
    r_elizabeth2290: Our Anastasia does that. She squealed with happiness a few days ago and hurriedly crawled over to something. When she does that you know somethings up so i ran over to what she was looking at and it was the tinyest little screw... I have no idea where it came from! Ive never seen one like that and we havent put anything together lately, not to mention the carpet was just cleaned a week and a half ago..
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 2:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2009