Is it to early to be losing piece of mucus plug? (27 weeks)

3 different times when I've gone to the restroom and wiped I've lost small amounts of my mucus plug. It isn't a tiny amount but certainly not the whole thing either.

I haven't had any spotting or regular contractions. I just forgot to mention this to my health care provider at my appointment this week so I wanted to get some mommy advise before I call and bug my doctor.

I'm 27 weeks pregnant.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure when it is really safe to lose it. But I do know that just because you do, it doesn't mean that you are going to go into labor. If you lose it before you are ready to go into labor it will just come back.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 5:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• it could be discharge and not your plug . you can get a very mucusy discharge that can be brownish green yellow or clear. so it may had not been your plug at all .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009