how far along before the doctor says not more traveling??

i'm wanting to go visit my family this year. since i have not seen them since my brother past away. we are wanting to go in june. that's the soonest we can get out there and the lastest i care to travel being pregnant. i will be 30 wks when we plan on going.

mommaseyes

Asked by mommaseyes at 5:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• youll be fine but i do know that some airlines do ask for a drs note . but i think it is 36 -37 weeks when they dont want you to fly no more .
    driving it doesnt mattter . just take it easy
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My doc asks that I dont travel long distances from 32 weeks on. And no airplane either, there is always a chance you could go into labor on the plane.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i'm not going on a plane we are planing on driving. it's cheaper to drive the buy plane tickets for 6 people.
    mommaseyes

Answer by mommaseyes at 5:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Talk to your Doctor please b4 you can plan anything ok. Take care of yourself
    Anonymous

• as long as your d says that you are ok , then it should be no problem . most drs dont worry so much til you get closer to your due date .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• dr * not d lol
    Mrs.Owen86

• For me it's 32 weeks unless I get permission, because tricare wont cover me if I travel and something happens without a note from my OB.. which is aggravating. Now I have to get a note to see my grandma for a family reunion at the end of the month. I will be 35 weeks. It's only 3 hours away.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Since your driving make sure you stay hydrated, and take plenty of breaks to walk around and stretch.... and of course wear your seat bealt :P.... Good luck and have fun with your family!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would say it depends on where your traveling and how your traveling. Most doctors recommend not traveling long distances after 32 weeks and no plane ride after 27 weeks.

If it's only a couple of hours though I think it would be fine. Just get the number of a doctor that is going to be in your travel area in case there is an emergency.
    Anonymous

• it's a 9 hour trip. from north carolina to alabama
    mommaseyes

Answer by mommaseyes at 7:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009