I am so confused...Need advice

My LO is four months old now and he's figured out how to roll from his back to his tummy. Once he gets on his tummy he HATES it and starts crying so I roll him back on his back. Sometimes he can roll from his tummy to his back but he doesn't always do it.

What should I do???

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 5:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• jusy let him cry... he needs tummy time. it will strengthen the neck muscles (and his lungs! lol) and will help him learn to crawl.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I agree with crystal. let him cry to an extent. You dont want him to learn to despise laying on his belly, but you also dont want him thinking youll pick him up or roll him over everytime he screams. Just let him try to figure it out, he will get used to it. my DD HATED tummy time with a passion, but once she started rolling she got used to it, and now she loves it
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Just wondering if he has acid reflux? My DD had it and hated to be on her tummy. I agree to let him cry a little, but try to help him roll back over by placing his arms and helping his legs.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 7:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• No, he doesn't have acid reflux...he just hates rolling onto his tummy.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 7:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my son was the same way. when he was about 6 months he became interested in the idea of crawling and didn't cry as much. i would let him cry for a little bit but then pick him up. you don't want him to get too worked up but he does need tummy time
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009