• In the Spotlight:

Okay... Lets try THIS WORDING...

Since someone is being sensative tonight and reported my other question I will reword it...

I own and run a website where women can find any number of ways to make, save and spend money - I am in the process of adding a charity page to my site...

I would like to know what charities you all give to and their sites. I am looking for low donation amounts or even "free" ones. Things that we can ALL do.

I had posted the link to my site so that you could all see what ones I have but since that is apparently "networking" I will not post it here...

If you would like it, let me know, I will share. But even though I make NO money on this site I was seen as a threat by posting it in the question...

UGH! And I thought people in this section would be more willing to share their charity ideas... But all I got was deleted...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was watching on the Todays Show yesterday and a lady who does Coupons says she gives the extras to the Food Bank, like if it's BOGO she donates. I think it's a great idea since I love using coupons!!! also the Clearance Items at the store, I buy two tops and donate one,
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• The only problem I have with giving to charity is the amount taken out for "administrative" costs. When I give, I like 100% to go to the cause. Because of this I choose not to give to "organized" charities, but rather make anonymous donations in various ways to people in need. They get 100% of the money, the gift card, etc.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I always hit Child's Play every year
    http://www.childsplaycharity.org/
    They provide toys and video games to children's hospitals - specifically ones that can be sterilized so kids who are on quarantine can use them too. They get the hospitals to submit wishlists on Amazon, so you aren't necessarily donating "towards admin costs." You can buy directly on Amazon from their wishlists and it is delivered straight to the hospital if you prefer.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ohh... lisarose... I like that idea... I'll have to include a section for tips and tricks as well as the obvious donations...

EireLass... Have you tried FreeRice.com? It allows you to donate without having to put any money in... You play a game and they donate 10 grains of rice for every correct answer... I love it, and it still helps someone with out me worring about where my money is really going!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Send me the link please,Sabrina.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I saw the question...can't believe it got deleted! It was probably the lady that doesn't believe in charity. = P
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• you could do a set up where people could donate goods like clothing, etc.. to local charities, like a site map where someone can go to, so they know where they can help out in their own communities. I know there are a lot of people I know that just don't donate, because they don't know where available drop offs are for donations in our community, and surrounding areas.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I like and donate to both Half The Sky and Love Without Boundries, which work with orpanages and children with special needs in China.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 9:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My favorite charity is gospel for asia. 100% of my donations go to the field, and none to administration costs. It is also cool, because you can choose what you want to donate. Like one time we bought chickens, and goats for families that have no money and food. That way they can have milk and eggs, enough to sell and enough for their families. We also sponsor a child (Rasika) to go to the Bridge of Hope school, where she gets clothes, education, a chance to hear the gospel, and food. People can also sponsor native missionaries, buy gospel tracts, cars, wells for communities. I have met the founder, K.P. Yohannan and he is the most amazing man. You can request a book about his life for free on the website. It tells of how he grew up in India and all these amazing things.  http://www.gfa.org/

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009