Going back to work!

I plan to go back to work soon....my baby is 10 weeks old and we will have to get a nanny because we do not have family to watch her. I guess I just need to know from people that its going to be alright...Has anyone else had a similar situation? Is anyone else going through something similar?

kellycali

Asked by kellycali at 6:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not that bad to go back to work. I was 17 when I had my baby and I went back to school three mts later. It might be a little hard dealing with separation anxiety, but if you find someone you and your baby can be comfortable around its not a bad thing.
    Aijanai

Answer by Aijanai at 7:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It was hard going back to work for me. I worked midnights, so I never go any sleep, and ended up quiting my full time job for a part time job. That seemed to work out a lot nicer for me and my DD. I had family that watched her, so money wouldn't be an issue. This way I didn't feel as guilty for going back to work because I still got to spend a lot of time with her.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Find someone you trust. someone you can leave the baby with and not think all day "is the baby ok? is she crying? is she hungry?" if you cant trust yourself to go to work and not think those things all day long, you need someone different. a little bit of worry is totally normal though!!! i went back to work at 5 weeks. i didn't totally want to, but i was restless and we were broke!! i am self employed so i could make my own hours that helped too. just make it happy when you leave. smile, laught, play games... try no to drag it out or act sad... if you are happy they will see that and feel more comfortable! Good luck!!!!!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 10:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009