If your mom does not call you, and she is home not working how would you feel?

We have issues, but this is getting weird. I call once in awhile to ask if she needs help with shopping, garbage (taking it out), or anything. The answer is no. I work full time, but still try to help, and my husband does too. She is medically disabled right now, and can't drive. I've offered. I can't stand calling because it is tense, and unplesant. My uncle told me he totally felt the tension at the last few get togethers. We are opting out of Easter. She has not called or anything. I sent her an email w/ my new home #-no calls. She's angry because I've found my bio-dad, BUT does not ask me nor talk about it with me. I'm not going to feel guilty for doing something good for me. She lied most of my life about so many things. Honestly, I don't like her much, but I do love her. I am accepting of her choices, but they hurt me. Is it only up to me to communicate with her? This has been going on for about a year.

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• my mom doesn't work and is on the computer all day.....if i don't call her she will go months without calling me and not care.....it sucked but i got used to it. we rarelly talk and I can't stand her but she is my mom so i try to maybe call her once a month just for small talk....I really don't have a mom
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• lol, oh great I feel bad now. I do not work. I stay home on the computer all day and never call my son or oldest dd unless absolutely necessary. I check in or email my youngest dd but for goodness sakes they are grown and with families. They don't need me calling them and disrupting their daily routines. I'm disabled. I need a ride to the grocery. If you want to swing by and take me I'd be glad to go and there would be no tension. ok, that's a joke. Your mom has to work out her anger over the bio dad thing. Being disabled sort of makes us angry with the world too so cut us some slack. We are supposed to be strong and we have to depend on our kids for help? That sucks for us. It will all work itself out though. Just hang in there

Answer by admckenzie at 7:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009