Mothers of a certain sex, do you ever wish you had the opposite?

OBVIOUSLY WE LOVE OUR CHILD NO MATTER WHAT AND AS LONG AS THEY ARE HEALTHY WE ARE HAPPY BUT...
do you ever wish you could play dress up and tea party (etc) if you only have boys
or you could go play with cars and bugs and mud and sports (etc) if you have girls?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. No. Hell no. I love my boy. I am so glad I don't have a girl!
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I do love my 2 boys...but yes I do! We are trying 1 more time for a girl.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well, I love having a girl, but dh wants to try for a boy in a few years. It's fun having a girl, because I am a girly girl.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I love my son but i wouldnt mind the second child being a little girl. I love the cute lil dresses in the stores.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• The third time I was pregnant, I wanted a boy. I already had two girls, and I knew this would be my last one, so I really wanted a boy. My youngest daughter (at the time), also wanted a boy. I was afraid that I would cry if I ended up having another girl. Even though I had an ultrasound that indicated it was probably a girl, I held out hope until the very end. Of course, I had another girl. But I wasn't even a tiny bit disappointed. I forgot all about wanting a boy as soon as I looked at her!.

Now, my middle daughter didn't take it quite as well. She said she loved her sister, but she still wished he was a brother. I took the older two girls to a book store and let them each pick out one book. She was 4 at the time. She came back with a book that had a boy on the cover, screaming, and a baby girl in a crib. The title, "Nobody Asked Me if I Wanted A Sister"!!!
    familycoach4U

Answer by familycoach4U at 7:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i don't necessarily wish that my son was a girl but yes sometimes i long for cute little pink dresses and dolls.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I love my son and both DD's just as they are. However if I were to have another baby I'd hope for a girl. They are much more mellow! The 2 oldest can be quite obnoxious, my son in a louder, roudy kind of way. My DD in a cute almost annoying way. Who know's maybe in a few years I'll change my mind, like when puberty kicks in and I'll be wishing I had more boys! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well i'm definitely excited for hopefully having a boy someday, but I LOVE having a girl, and wouldnt change it for the world!
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 8:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Three boys. Fine by me. I have no desire for a girl no matter what my MIL says. (grrrr)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't trade my boys for girls but I love when my nieces come over!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009