How do I find wording for goals for iep?

5 year old autism boy with vauge iep that does not meet needs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The school psychologist is supposed to do this, are they not doing their job?
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would get those therapists to explain things better. schedule a meeting with them, thats part of their job.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• You should just outline things step by step. It does not have to be worded "professionally". Just make a very specific list of the things he needs to work on and request they be added immediately to his IEP. Good luck.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My 5yr old has iep and i don't always understand all the notes so i call one of the therapists and ask them to explain and they do it is their job
    studentmom782

Answer by studentmom782 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I have a 6 year old with autism, and an IEP. Go to wrightslaw.com. There is also a group on here that can help you, just search for IEP.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 6:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• WATCH THIS.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYeMBtmA5oc THIS IS THE SECOND PART...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lorImN93foM I hope that this helps! My son is 8 and Im homeschooling with the intention of seeking reimbursement from the district. It is a long and hard road to get to the point that I'm at , BUT, the best thing that Ive ever done for my son, (besides loving him) is getting him a BCBA. That's a Board certified behavior analyst. They are expensive but the best thing for these kids. If the link doesn't work, go to you tube and watch DEVELOPING A GREAT IEP WITH GARY MAYERSON. There are 2 parts to the video. Also if there is a POAC group in you area then they are very helpful with helping you with your rights.

JenniferDeegan

Answer by JenniferDeegan at 10:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2009