Could this be the start of labor ?

I'm 37 wks & 5 days & my tummy get tight. I have leg pain & just feel terrible like I have the flu but I'm so hungary. I am dialated 1 cm & soft but my Doc says my cervix is still hard. I haven't had a bloody show or lost my plug yet. I just feels lots of pressure & the doctor when she checked me said the head was right at the bottom. I'm just worried that labor is getting ready to start & I won't know it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like braxton hicks to me
    Anonymous

• Honey you WILL know when you are in active labor! I promise! LOL

The beginning of labor can just feel a bit cramping but not really painful. It's different for all women.

Plus it's not a huge concern because you don't need to go to the hospital until the contractions are 4 minutes apart for 1 hour and lasting 1 minute long.
    Anonymous

• no sounds like braxton hicks and your baby just pushing down . i have felt that way for the past week or so and im still pregnant im 38 weeks tomorrow
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• hmm...i think you WILL now.,lol..i was the same.thinking i wouldnt know.but then BAM the pain was BAD!!!! lol..i went to the doc to get checked when i was hurting too.i was 1 cm..i came back like 3 hours later and i was 4 cm. they kept me their,i was dilating quick,then real slow =( lol
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Take a really really warm bath.
    Anonymous