Is it safe to use Cumin in cooking during pregnancy? (last trimester)

I've read several times that Cumin tea is used by midwives to induce labor when a women is over due or at risk for medical induction but I'm not any where near term. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and wanting to make this really yummy Latin dish but it contains quite a bit of Cumin and won't be the same without it.

Could this make me go into labor? (I know nothing is supposed to put you into labor if your body isn't ready but I just want to make sure because I know certain things do cause contractions and I don't want to put myself into preterm labor)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I make alot of Mexican food, i've had 3 kids, and they all had to be induced, so if that's true it didn't help me out
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i make tortilla soup all the time which consists of cumin..im still pregnant! oh and this is #3
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009