Does it bother you when . . .

People walk through your front yard? I have seen the mailman do it, neighborhood kids do it, people letting their dogs in my yard (GRRR) and even utility people stand in my yard having conversations. What's the deal?? Doesn't anyone teach their kids that it is rude to walk through people's yards? I don't care if they think I'm a b#%&*, I tell them to get out of my yard. We have the corner lot and so our yard is larger than most around here and the backyard is fenced in or I'm sure they'd be back there too. It really irritates me. Oh and all the little skateboarders skateboard here in front of my house . . . it's so annoying.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, there are no sidewalks in my neighborhood and I would rather them walk on the grass than in the street and get hit by a car.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• put a chain link fence in your yard that will help keep them out!
    Anonymous

• Not really.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 6:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I heard about someone who had that same problem. Whenever she saw them doing it, she blasted an airhorn. haha. They learned.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't mind the mail lady walking through my yard considering it is her job and that is the only way she can deliver my mail. I do, however, get sick of people letting their dogs run in our yard. I DESPISE IT!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well, I have a walkway that the mail carrier can use, walking through the yard is entirely unnecessary.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I feel the same. One of my neighbours put a little corner fence on their lawn, corner lot, and for the most part people get the message. I tell my kids to walk on the side walk. It's odd for them when we are walking along the main road, there's no sidewalk and to keep them as far from the road they are aloud to walk on the grass, it's city grass there though, no lawns.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i woudlnt walk on someones lawn thats just rude i mean my own lawn yes but other peoples no thats rude
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• When I was a little girl we were playing in the sprinklers and went to go ask the neighbor girl to play with us. I wasn't wearing shoes and the blacktop was hot so I stepped onto another neighbors lawn. OMG I thought her head would blow off from the shriek I heard coming from her.
    I think if it is a little kid and they are just walking it is no big thing. But if it is adults with no business in my yard I do get a little honked off.
    I do live near the local college. There have been several times drunk college kids have gone through our yard to find a party. My dh always opens the window to our dark bedroom and says "What the hell do you think you are doing, this is not a walkway and I will call the cops if you don't get out."
    The first time he said it he turned to me and said "Sh*t...when did I turn into my dad." LOL
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Put a sign in your yard that says something like "Warning: Keep off the grass, Fire Ant poison in use. May cause rash, blisters, vomiting or death"
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 7:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009