You've probably done this but does it gross you out?

When you take elastics off of produce do you keep them, and if you do do you put them in your cutlery drawer? DH is forever doing this, I don't mind keeping them because we often do use them, but I wish he would put them in the basket as per my request. He put's them in the drawer. Elastics from produce that we will wash after removing the elastics should not go into the cutlery drawer with our clean silverwear. Just a minor beef I was reminded of from the other cutlery drawer Q.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• UGH my husband wants to keep them so he leaves them on the counter. I'll let it go for a day or two and then I throw them all away. Of course this always seems to happen right before we need them.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Elastics?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Nope, I toss them.
    Anonymous

• Yes you know the one's that are on broccoli, or romaine lettuce? We end up using them again for something. Closing a bag or frozen veggies or chips.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• ok i really dont wanna sound like an a-hole but if u use the elastics on bags of food whats the dif with having them in a drawer with cutlery? if u think about it- when u have them on bags of food then ur hands touch the dirty elastics and then go right into the bag on the food right?
    Anonymous

• Ahhh . .the rubberbands. We always just put ours in the junk drawer, but most of the time I throw them away, because we have a bunch of clips on the fridge.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• That is a strange thing to be so worried about, I can think of much grosser things. Want me to make a list?

I will give you the top on my list.

Pushing a nasty shopping cart, who knows who touched it before you and what they were doing with their hands. ugggg.....my mind could get carried away.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I'm not overly worried about it, I believe I said it was a minor beef. True BridgetC140. Chips are DH's snacks mostly, we use clips for everything else. As for frozen things I don't use my hands in the bag, remove the elastic and pour them into a dish.
    It would seem that I'm on my own with this one. :s
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Nope I never save those.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• How is that gross?
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2009