Faux Child Porn...

I am a firm believer in Free Speech. But I was very upset by something I learned today. The same software that is being used to "age" missing children is now being used to make adults seem to be children. And these "de-aged" photographs are being used to make faux-child porn. Because the persons in the photos are legal adults there is NO legal action that can be taken. The publishing of this material is allowed under the free speech and free press promised in the constitution...

Should it be able to be protected? Since there in no actual child is it the same? And if you feel it shouldn't be protected, where would the line be drawn?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it's disturbing, and it's horrible that someone would want to see it. As awful as this sounds, I can see the benefit if it keeps actual children from being exploited. It seems the sickos will find a way to get their kicks. At least in this children aren't being used.
    But I'm still not sure how I feel about it being legal.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• That's LEGAL?!! WOW
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Where did you hear of this I tried to look it up but honestly child and porn put together in a search probably is not the smartest thing to do ever, can you post a link?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• That's pretty messed up, but i haven't read it, can you pm me a link? I know it's not a "real" person, but it's still wrong.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_pornography
    *look under Artificially generated or simulated imagery almost at the bottom... This is the only one I can find at the moment... I'll keep looking though!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• That's a tough one. I guess it is better than adult pervs looking at real kids, but the idea makes me very uncomfortable. I can see why it is legal, but I don't have to like it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• http://archives.cnn.com/2002/LAW/04/16/scotus.virtual.child.porn/

Here's a better one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• "Child" porn in which digital images are used or of-age actors that appear younger, however is a very slippery slope. There is continuing debate in the psychological community over this issue. Some say that the majority of pedophiles can never change thier cravings and therefore substitution will help curb those feelings from being acted upon in real life. Others aruge that it will have the opposite effect and make pedophiles want to act out the fantasies in real life, since it would have lost some of the taboo by being produced and marketed to that audience.
    *copied from my original posting....

So, really it becomes a very difficult issue and one that is hard to regulate. Can you regulate thoughts, even if they are horrible? Toughie...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3159871

And another...

If you run a search for "Virtual Child Porn Cases" you'll get a bunch, and they are all pretty clean, articles and stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i heard of it before, idk how the law should stand, but it grosses me out, and feeds a petifiles urges
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009