Who tries to bring you down?

I am a nursing assistant that will be going to college for surgical tech. I told my mom that i was going to give my son a better life and because I was sick of being an aid and wanted to do something with myself....my mom got upset with me and made nasty comments.... It never ceases to amaze me how when your trying to better yourself there is someone who is always trying to tear you down and fill you with doubt....does anyone else have someone like that...for whatever situation in your life it might be?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• She must have issues. Just do what you know is right. Good for you in striving to better yourself. Sometimes moms are afraid their dd's will surpass them. Whatever the reason it's her issue. You just keep moving forward!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Congrats on the surg tech! Nice stable job with good benefits and possiblities!

There will always be someone who wants to bring you down. Just ignore the bad and accept the good.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yup
    but keep goin girl- dont let it get in your way!
    im a single mom and managed to get through nrusing school, and am back in school part time furthering my education- for the same reasons as you- to make a better life for my son- and to those who tried to bring me down i say get a life- i did it!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my dh brings me down all the time
    Anonymous