best diaper bag??

I bought a regular diaper bag from babies r us and its just not big enough- and my baby is just one week old, lol. I need one that is big and has a wide opening- for easy access. Can anyone suggest a good one? Im looking to spend anywhere up to $100. Thanks!

linzhh

Asked by linzhh at 7:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get a good back pack like one you would use for school books! they hold a lot more than a diaper bag! they have more little pockets for the little things you need! and you can put your wallet in the back pack so you dont have to carry a purse and a diaper bag!! GOOD LUCK

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I use Kalencom Week-Ender Diaper Bag - Fleur De Lis Chocolate. I have been so impressed with the size. The bottom is REAL leather so you dont have to worry about it getting worn out. I have had so many people ask me if it is a purse or where I got it. Kalencom is a great brand that is made in New Orleans. I just love it! It was about 70.00, so not too expensive at all!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I used a stupid Winnie the Pooh diaper bag from Walmart. I do not recommend using that.. then I made my own, and I love it. I was thinking about going into a business making diaper bags.. except that I can't afford to get everything lead-tested..
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• http://www.kalencom.com/main/page.asp?pg_no=&p_id=10&s_cate_id=0109&keyword=&s_sub_cate_id=&best_flag=&new_flag=&recommend_flag=&opt=&page=detail&p_group_page_id=PRODUCT&id=8&id_detail=8

2-1cavwife i looked up your diaper bag and OMG they are so cute! i would think it was a purse too!
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• What are you carrying? We started out carrying all kinds of stuff, like we were preparing to hide out underground or something, and little by little we started carrying less and less. So before you spend any more money, I'd just see if you have a duffle bag or something that can carry your lots-of-stuff until you realize you don't need it all. I'm not making fun, I promise, I was the EXACT same way. Now with my second baby I just carry a folding changing pad that holds a diaper, wipes and hand sanitizer, and I stick it in a little cloth bag with handles. It's nice to be less encumbered.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I love the Diaper Dude bags! They are huge and have so many pockets. The best thing is that I can talk my husband into carring it!

http://www.diaperdude.com/store/

Devory

Answer by Devory at 9:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I just ended up getting myself a bigger purse. I put what she NEEDED in her bag, and extras in mine. Ended up working fine for me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009