annoyed?!

I'm so annoyed right now. DD's father was suppose to stop by later today to hang out with DD and I. Rather than call at 5 pm to let me know he was running late and had made arrangements for something different, I had to call him at 7pm to find out what was going on. Turns out he was trying to wait until his mom got home so she could babysit, so him and I could go out. This isn't what I wanted AT ALL. I wanted him to come over and spend time with his DD. Seems he'd rather "hang out" with me, rather than his DD. And this isn't the first time he's done this. It's almost every other week. I'm just so annoyed with him. Sometimes I think we (dd and I) would be better off without him. I know I'm probably just venting. But anyone else going through this? Or been through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• my x did it every weekend he was supposed to take the kids. He was supposed to take them, spend time with them and let me have a break. That didn't happen. He just wanted sex with me and didn't care about seeing the kids. He's a jerk.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• been there
    and now that he has been told dont talk to me unless you want to talk about our son we have not seen or talked to him in over 2 yrs
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Why cant you all go out together?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• how old is she???
    my hubby didnt have much to do with our son until he was older and "more fun"
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i also agree tell him no way unless he is gonna see dd, and be a father to his dd not a stand in when ever he wants to be and takecare of his own ( not his mom ) why not have him have your dd every other weekend u get time away and he has to learn to be a dad..alone with out you. as for him not calling tell him he needs to call u by a certin time or you and dd wont be around when he does inally call. tell him to grow up hes a dad now.. hes not # 1 your dd is.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• "Why cant you all go out together? "

op here- it's not that we can't go out together, it's more that I don't want to go out with him. Me and him are seperated. I want him to spend time with DD and forget about what use to be between him and I.
    Anonymous

• :

* admckenzie:

that's exactly it. It's so annoying, I really can't stand it. The saddest thing about it, is that he really doesn't understand any of it. Thinks what he is doing is perfectly normal.

Everyone else, sorry, like I said I really just wanted to vent bad.
    Anonymous

• If that is the case, maybe instead him picking her up, you should drop her off. Then he really doesn't have a way to avoid spending time with her. Although, if he did that to my daughter, I would just stop calling him all together. I am not going to beg for his love our child. He is the lucky one to be able to spend time with her, not the other way around. Maybe when he stops hearing from you for a couple of weeks, he might take the initiative to see her.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2009