Casting a circle?

I know there are countless ways to cast a circle (different people's ways and such), and I know you can cast one simply from visualization. What I'm unsure about is whether or not you can use visualization ALWAYS, instead of walking the circle and reciting something, etc. I've yet to find a way that I'm completely comfortable with (besides visualization) including trying to write my own or just "wing it." Advice, please? Experiences?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• While I haven't practiced in a while, I believe that what works most efficiently is what you feel most comfortable with. In other words, if you visualize that circle around you, and feel safe believing that it is there, what else do you need? And if it works that way for you, why bother with another method you don't feel comfortable with?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I do both... and none at all ... it all depends on how comfortable you feel ...
    When I did a healing spell I walked the circle...
    When I meditate or given honor to the Goddess I will usually visulize my circle...
    Again it's all on how comfortable you are ....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ive mainly done candles in the 4 corners and walking the circle.

I could visualize it but for me, there is something about the lit candles that helps me focus and feel more calm.

However, like was said...its all how you feel about it. Do a variety and see which feels the best for you and makes you feel calmest,etc. Go with that. It might take a few times to know which works the best but it will come.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Dear Jesus, I pray for protection over these women
    Anonymous

• amen anon show them the way Jesus
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Anon, seems like you need to find the way too, you judgmental, uneducated shrew. If you don't agree with it, don't post. Ignorance.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Oh anon and hinson I will be sure at my group ritual to ask my Goddess tonight for a blessing for you both. You both are so sad.

OP Hey, hugs to you I do both as well. Similar to Gmasboy. If I am meditating I visualize the circle and if I am doing a full ritual or spell I walk the circle and visualize.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• What is all this about? I've never been exposed to it and would appreciate it being explained. What's the purpose of the circle, and what does it mean?
    Anonymous

• Anon & Hinson... may the Goddess Bless you both and give you both peace and understanding that you are NOT the only-true way....

Blessed Be Ladies...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• blessed be my sisters
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2009