Is it okay to drink alot of kool-aid in place of all the water I should be drinking??

Either way, I cant drink as much "plain" water as my midwives want me to. It just makes me sick to my stomach. I read a girl say the other day that she just buys the packets of iced tea mix and dumps them in her bottles of water and thats how she gets her water intake, well I love koolaid and drink it all the time, so even though theres alot of sugar in it, can it count as some of my water, since it really is water to begin with?

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Kool-aid has A TON of sugar...so no
    Anonymous

• No because it's loaded with sugar.
    Anonymous

• no you need clear fluids ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• kool-aid is not a water in take if you can't take just the plain water try adding a lemon slice or even the crystal light packets but as for kool-aid its not good for a water source
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 7:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• can you drink flavored water? when i was 5 months pregnant with my son, i was hospitalised for my kidneys because i didnt drink water. i was contracting in my back and apparently had been for a couple days but didnt know it. they said if i would have waited any longer, my kidneys would have failed and i could have gone into labor and he would not have survived. please try drinking flavored water like propel.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• kool aide has waaayyy too much sugar
    mabe try some crystal light dirnks and do some of that and some reg water
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Thanks for all the advice everyone. I never really thought of propel and crystal light or adding lemons and limes....Thanks so much
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i drink crysatl light rasberry lemonaid and its really good i hate plain water good luck
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• The reason you need plain water is the ratio of water to solutes (anything other than water). If you drink something with a higher solute content than your cells, you will actually cause your cells to become dehydrated. The best way to avoid that is to simply drink plain water.

I don't recommend Kool-aid (I love it, too), because it has too much sugar and solutes to hydrate you effectively. Instead, how about a squeeze of lemon?
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 8:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have the same problem as you do! Lately though I have at least been trying to cut it down to one kool-aid/water per day and the rest regular water. I still think kool-aid is a little better than pop, even though it has lots of sugar.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009