does any one know how to do the acupressure or reflexology to induce labor?

if so please tell me how or where i can find out how on the internet

sfewell09

Asked by sfewell09 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There's a reflexology point just below your ankle bone that's supposed to help with labor, I haven't tried it myself, but I'm only 26 weeks, so it's a bit early for me. Also, there's supposed to be a point in between your thumb and first finger (the spongey part) that's supposed to help. Good luck!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 7:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• if your gonna do acupressure you should go to a pro not do it your self
    Anonymous

• You should not do anything at 37 weeks
    Anonymous

• If you want to get your contrations going try Castor oil. I am 40 weeks and I have been taking it for 2 days and it made me start contractions and dialating. It works differently for every woman so I don't know if it will help you or not. Just take one tablespoon every 2 hours and see what happens. My neighbor told me about it I guess it made her water break and she gave birth. Give it a whirl
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• http://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/Acupressure/download.aspx they have videos on correct techniques and lots of info, however I don't recommend starting this at 37 weeks. wait until you are at least 39 weeks, or until your doctor is certain the baby's lungs are developed enough to survive unassisted.
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 9:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2009