whats with the MASSIVE headaches and wtf can i take?

im at week 7 and ive been getting the most terrible awful headaches ever. kind of like a migraine as light and sound makes it worse. what am i supposed to take and what am i not supposed to take? and will these go away after the first trimester? this is my 2nd baby, third pregnancy, and i never got these kind of headaches before.

ErikLynn

Asked by ErikLynn at 7:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no sometimes they just get worse . tell your dr about it for sure at the next appointment . but tylenol is all you can take .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My dr. said i could take excedrin migraine because all it is is acetaminophen and caffeine so i don't think it would hurt. I had headaches for the first 2 trimesters with my daughter, but everyone is different. good luck
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Do NOT use Excedrine Migraine...it has aspirin in it. Which is bad for pregnant women.

You can take Excedrine Tension Headache. It only had tylenol and caffeine.

Taken with a large Mountain Dew it works everytime.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yeah i have heard tylenol is all you can take unless your doc can prescribe you somehing for them.They also say if you have migraines before you become pregnant, they tend to be worse during. im in my 3rd pregnancy also. had a miscarriage with the first, kept headaches all the time in the 1st trimester with my daugher. im in my second trimester now and get the most horrible migraines ever. try to take some tylenol and lay down in a dark quite room to see if that helps.thats about the only thing that works for me
    Anonymous

• Headaches are usually a sign of pregnancy for me :) I have a headache from like, week 4 until 13, then they are off and on the rest of the time. My Dr. suggested going to the pharmacy and picking up some Magnesium Oxide. It killed my headaches better than Tylenol. GL!
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2009