what does it feel like when your water breaks?

ive had discharge all day, is that different from when your water breaks or could it be a slow leak? i am almost 39weeks. i also have a lot of pain in my right side like her foot or some part of her is just pushing against it along with menstrual type cramps. but nothing that is time-able because it is more constant.

charlene29

Asked by charlene29 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You'll feel a gush of water escaping your body.
    Anonymous

• 2 times, 2 different experiences. With my first it was like Niagra Falls. Amazing. The 2nd was like trickling. I thought I was wetting the bed slowly/lightly.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• if you can put a pad on and it stays wet like wet wet not just discharge wet but wet . then you are probably leaking if you are worried then you can go get checked out they can swab to see if it is discharge or your water
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• For me it felt like I peed my pants!
    Anonymous

• i felt a weird "pop"
    if you get a water ballon, and have it pop in your hand, thats similar to what it feels like. I asked my dr and she told me that is what every one says. . .so i'm assuming its the same for everyone??

at first it was a slow trickle, but then when i would laugh or something, it would start to gush out. . lol
    Anonymous

• Mine was a definite POP and GUSH. It happened as I was turning over in bed, and already in labor.....did you know that the fluid stains? LOL
    Anonymous

• I have a huge wet stain on my mattress from my son!!
    I even layed on a towel. I had a feeling that night, so i grabbed one just in case.

The sheets were semi old, and used, so you couldn't tell. But we tossed them after wards. .lol
    I have a weird thing about sleeping on that. . .lol
    Anonymous

• Like the others said, it can gush or trickle! Depending on where the baby is, the head can keep it from being a gush. It just feels like warm water pouring down you. My sister-n-law actually heard a 'snap' when her water broke.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I felt like I was peeing my pants with a HUGE amount of pee. Its a thicker liquid than urine.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2009