What did your hubby get you for Easter?

My hubby is restoring a 91 Camero for me (the year I graduated) He came home today with a stereo system for it! I don't want to know what he spent on it, but I sure do think he rocks!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 8:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well, my dh got something for the family. it's hard to explain, it's made of glass, with our family picture on it, with roses in the background, and a poem on the right side. It has our marriage date on it, and under it says The Start of our Family. it's so pretty, i have it up on our entertainment center.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Aww that's sweet of him armywife.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 8:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i got nonething
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• nada
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 8:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Since when did people start getting gifts for Easter. Other than the Easter bunny for kids?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We don't do gifts for one another for Easter....seems silly really.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We have always bought gitfs for Easter. It is a celebration for us.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 8:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ronjwake, I think its sweet that your spouse does something for you to celebrate Easter. My hubby is not big on gifts but I know he loves me. I'm a Christian so this is an important holiday in our house too. I give everyone something. But I do know a lot of people don't do anything for eachother because Easter is a kids' holiday to them and I respect that. I just find it neat that other people make it a special day whatever the reason.
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 8:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have heard of baskets for the kids and some parents putting together baskets for their adult children but I have never heard of people exchanging gifts like at Christmas for Easter. Yikes. It's sad enough that Christmas is so commercialized, it would be a shame for Easter to go that same path. I am happy that my religious (Jewish) celebrations haven't been butchered for the sake of material items.

Anonymous

• Thanks luvourfamily, Christmas and Easter are the two biggest celebrations in our home. I never got into the candy thing for Easter as I don't promote giving kids cavities..LOL
    So we go with gifts instead :)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 8:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009