How can I raise my blood pressure?

My blood pressure has always ran low, around 105/65-70. That is normal for me and it's fine. Never a problem. I have been put on a medication for headaches that apparently has a side effect of lowering blood pressure. I am dizzy, weak and tired all the time. I see stars and my vision can black out at time when I stand up from laying down. My hands are always ice cold. I took my BP earlier at my moms and it was 88/67. I'm making an appointment monday for my dr. to wean me off the meds ( it's not a safe one to quit cold turkey). I also have a heart condition of leaky heart valves. Is there anything I can do in the mean time to raise it on my own? Does eating more salt really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Health

• def have doc changes meds
    and yeah salt will do it
    eat hot dogs n chips :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• sounds like you have vaso vagal syncope. me too. salt works. stress too lol. hope you feel better soon.
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 8:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• drink lots of fluids and lay with your feet up when u feel dizzy dont get up to fast or sit down to fast cause youll pass out but if it gets to low u need to go to the er and theyll start an iv and give u saline wich will raise your bp but right now just lay down and put 2-3 pillows under your legs. drink water and keep an eye on it
    medic_mom242

Answer by medic_mom242 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• o and make sure u keep a pulse in your wrist if you cant feel that then your bp is below 90 and u need to go er
    medic_mom242

Answer by medic_mom242 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Hang out with a hormonal teenager or preteen girl. That will get your blood pressure going really good. Stress and salt could work too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009