how many days did it take you to teach your baby to soothe herself using the crying out method?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1
    Anonymous

• i think with my son it took about 3 days, and with my daughter only 2 days. Babies learn fairly quickly.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• well my son took about a week. my dd was easy, i started her at 4 weeks. no, not crying, i'd let her fuss. if she started crying and wasn't out right away then she wasn't ready. you have to lay your baby down when you know she's really drowsy, or it won't really work. GL
    Anonymous

• It depends on the child and YOUR consistency. If you give in then it will take longer. We got it done in 2 days. GOOD LUCK
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Crying it out doesn't teach a baby to self sooth, it teaches babies to give up on their caregiver.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 9:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i dont know. i havent made an effort to really do this on purpose. i lay her down, i let her cry for a little bit, but if its too long or she cries a certain way that lets me know she just isn't ready for bed or something is wrong i go get her.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

Studies have proved that this is true. Cant you find a more gentle way of helping your baby sleep on their own? Have you tried The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley? It's an amazing book.

Anonymous

• Uh, just so you know, your baby doesn't learn to "soothe itself." A better question would be "How long did it take for your child to give up and realize you're not coming to meet it's needs?"

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/handout2.asp
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Tried it for one week. Didn't work.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I still have problems with my oldest DS going to sleep and I believe it's because I let him cry it out... I listened to everyone who said...."You have to leave him in the crib or he'll never transition." "Crying is good for his lungs" "he needs to learn to self-soothe".

Well, all he learned was to HATE his bedroom.
    And not trust us to a certain extent.
    My DD...I got up and met all her needs ...then put her bck in the crib. No issues for the most part.
    .
    My little DS - I cosleep. It's the most peace me or any of my babies ever had.
    Veela

Answer by Veela at 2:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2009