Supernanny

So this is my first time watching this show and I must say Im appalled! I cant believe how horid these kids are! The show HAS to be staged. Are there really kids THAT bad out there? How did they get that way? Do you watch this show; what do you think about it? I hope my son is never that much of a brat!

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Entertainment

• I love supernanny. I think its great. You can't really get kids to stage that kind of stuff. Plus, we don;t like to stage stuff here in britain, so i doubt jo would have allowed it.

I watch it often cos i think its a great way to learn how to control your kids if they ever get out of line or disrespectful etc.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Wow. Well maybe at the end it gets better with discipline tips and the kids get reformed or something. Like I said, first time watcher and the first 20 mintues SHOCKED me
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Lack of discipline is definitely how they get that way. There are really children THAT bad out there.
    Anonymous

• yeah, they only choose the extreme cases. But a lot of mothers dont watch it cos they think that because Jo Frost doesn't have any kids her opinion isn;t valid. But she has over 20 years of child care experience. And she ALWAYS helps the families. I think i can trut that. :)
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't always agree with her methods, but I think the most valuable lesson Jo teaches these parents is to get off their lazy asses and parent their damned children! The method is less important than actually standing up and taking responsibility for raising your children.

Besides that, I find her fairly likeable. Last week when she told that women, "Never ends? I don't think your day ever begins!" I actually hooted with laughter. I don't think I've ever hooted before...
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• lol avarah i saw that one. wish i could sit around and do nothing... even for 1 day lol. i missed most of the show lastnight caught a few mins of it and i couldnt beleave the way that 9 year old was acting. my 3 year old dosent even act that way.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son loves that show. Our kids can't believe how bad kids are on that show. They know that there is no way on this earth that they could get away with behavior like that. I know of kids that act like that, the parents have lost control. Or never had it to begin with.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I watched that show a few times when it was new, but stopped because the kids on TV got on my nerves. The parents got on my nerves even worse! Yes, there are really kids out there like that, but don't focus on the kids when you watch the show. They are only doing what their parents have taught them to do. Look at the parents behavior and you will see why the kids act the way they do.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 7:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2009