? for moms with girls and boys

I have a 22 month old daughter. i am currently 25 weeks with a boy. I have never really been around boy babies except for my only nephew and thats been 5yr ago so i dont really remeber too much about the begining. Is it harded to care for a baby boy since they get circumsized? Or is it about the same? I dont want to sound clueless since I already have one child but I am clueless when it comes to a baby boy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when they get circumsized you just have to put lots of vaseline on the area. Once that is healed the only difference between boys and girls is boys have a tendency to pee on you...
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i was the same way. only diffrence.. you have to pull the skin back to clean it ( penis ) and alchol swabs to get it heal after his circumsizion. i was freaked at first after my son was done but after a couple changes with a nurse there to help me threw it i was good. and it goes back to normal color ( wont stay the weired color ) good luck. and talk to u when it comes to potty training..lol.. boys suck girls are easy... xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• No not harder to care for a boy.. I think boys are easier.
    Anonymous

• yes i forgot vasaline! sorry. vasaline and gauz.. but i agree watch out they aim right for your face..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• thanks for the answers.i am just so clueless when it comes to baby boys since they are so rare in my family.i just dont want to go in the hospital and have him not knowin nothing knowing its my second child..just a diff sex
    Anonymous

• lol
    i have two boys. super easy!!!

if i have a girl, thats when i'm going to be clueless!!!
    But we're hoping for a girl this time around! only a few more weeks until we can find out!
    Anonymous

• I have a girl and a boy, they will tell you exactly what to do to care for the circ and give you everything you need...after that heals, you just have to watch out for your new little indoor sprinkler system =) And to go a step further, I've found in our situation that my DD was way easier as a toddler, yes moodier, but she didn't have the daredevil bug that my son seems to have... Congrats! You'll adore your little boy =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Boys are pretty easy. Just make sure to periodically pull the skin back when bathing or cleaning him after a diaper change. I had some of the skin reattach on my oldest. The doctor just peeled it back off, but it was a little painful for my son. With my second I just made sure a couple times a week that it wasn't reattaching. Congratulations!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009