Would you ever marry someone your children didnt like or didnt get along with?

As of right now I am single. (Not really looking for a relationship at the moment though) But Ive been wondering would YOU ever marry someone your children didnt get along with or didnt like? I dont think I ever could. Just like I have to learn to trust and like someone, my son will have to feel comfortable and have a relationship with him too before I can commit myself to someone--its a package deal, Me and My Son. I would feel selfish if I was forcing my son to live with someone he didnt get along with and didnt feel comfortable around.
And while we are on the subject, what do you think of mothers who chose to stay with a man even when their daughter (or sometimes son) tells the mom he molested or even raped her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I sure wouldn't. It wouldn't work out in the end anyway because you'd have to choose between your child or your spouse. It tears families apart. I grew up as a step-child and I know it all too well.
    Anonymous

• If by chance I got divorce. Meet a man that I like my son did not care for him. I will not marry him. My son comes first.................
    janitablue

Answer by janitablue at 9:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My children are my priority, no matter what. They come first before anyone, including myself. If they had problems with someone I'm seeing, I would seriously consider their feelings. If it's just a "protecting my mommy" deal then I might consider the relationship. But if they felt strongly about not liking him, then I would respect that and move on.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I think it would depend on WHY my children dont like him. If they dont have a good reason and were just being jealous or they're reasoning being because he isnt "DAD" then I would consider staying with him. But if they didnt like him because of the person he is, then deffinatly not!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ladies most of the time when parents divorce no matter who you bring into your life, your children WILL NOT like only because they are not their father. This also depends on the kids age, younger children will not like, but this does pass unless the new man is not a good person, in that case no I would not. If it ws just because he is not "DAD" then no, I would continue my relationship. I can say from experiance I did not like any man my mom was with only b/c he was not my dad. I also did not like my dads girlfriend/wife because she was not my mom...They were all good people too.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• And what put your life on hold? No way. Yes children should come first in many areas and such, be remember they leave when they turn 18, they move a way, get there own husbands, and have there own children, and when they leave you are all alone because the one man you found after your divorce that loved you and you loved, your kid didn't like or aprove of so you tossed him to the side. Come on. Children can adjust and learn to deal with the new man in your life. Not all kids like their step parents, but your SO/DH is with you for life. That is who you should be living for and with. All these women complain that since they have had kids there marriages have suffered, there husbands cheat, well with your attitudes kids come first always no matter what, I wonder why?? Your SO/DH needs to come first.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 9:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 10:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Nope
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• No way.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I dated a really nice guy once . Always took me nice place was really good to me. My youngest daughter like him at first, as we dating more she started to change.. standing in the next room one day I finaly found out why. He had a son a few years older than her. He was being Mean to her and his Dad was in the same room and wasn't doing anything about it . I put it all together then. Talked to him about it. He said it was nothing. But to my Daughter it was a BIG Deal. Lets just say that was the last I dated him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2009