:/ I don't know what to do...occasional TMI

I need some major advice and normally I wouldn't share my personal life like this...but really I feel so lost...I don't know what to do.

So, since I've been pregnant, I've been a really big bitch..I know this and I make sure to apologize to people if I get out of line. It's been especially bad with my SO. we have been together 2 years and it's been going down hill for a while. I'm 4 months pregnant with his baby and I think he might be cheating on me...

He hardly ever wants to have sex anymore and I've very sexual...I almost have to beg him...he will let me go like two weeks and then he'll have sex with me but it's like sympathy sex...

today i tried to get him to have sex with me, it's been like 3 weeks, and playfully i got him down and took his pants off...and he smelled like sex! So i stopped and asked him and he said he'd masturbated earlier but...I just don't know...

He's been acting weird too...someone help :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• It may just be the pregnancy that is freaking hom out and making him act differently. Dont make assumptions until you know for sure. Pregnancy makes men do wierd things. Best of luck to you
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It could be your hormones making you extra sensitive, but it does sound odd. Usually when there is a behavior change the first advice is to have him get a physical exam to make sure there isn't some physical reason for lack of interest. Perhaps he is uneasy about having sex with a pregnant woman. Ask him, and if this is the case then take him with you to the OB and let the OB talk to him about it. So, have him get a physical exam, have him come with you to the OB to discuss sex during pregnancy. Talk to him. If he is getting sex elsewhere, then be sure to get screened yourself for STDs. And make plans for your life without him, first of which would be to get a bank account in your own name with as much money as you can get into it. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• maybe he didn't want a family and is punishing you for getting pregnant. Sorry. Not bashing. It's just that some men think women screw up a good thing by getting pregnant so they go out and find other women who want to play and not settle down with a family. It sounds like he doesn't want commitment. Sex is a combined smell, not just his own fluids so if you smelled sex he wasn't just masturbating but then you already know that.
    Anonymous

• Mu hubby had trouble once I got my belly with our first. He said he felt like he was going to hurt my or the baby and he didn't think he could handle that if he did. Well, our son was born just fine and he has never had a problem with pregnancy sex since (we have had two more), The thing that worries me is the smell of sex. As we all know, a mans ejaculation and the scretion of a womans vagina smell totally different. And every women knows that smell. At least, those of us who have had sex. I would ask him about it, and if he says no, but you still have your doubts, go and get yourself tested for STD's (which I would do no matter what he says). I am so sorry this is happening to you. Sometimes men are pigs!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Did you think he was cheating before you got pregnant? I think we women tend to ignore our gut instincts. Flat out ask him "are you cheating on me?" If he says no then you either gotta believe him and let it go, or leave because obviously there is no trust. Maybe it's a break down of communication. Sit down with him and talk about how you feel and how it makes you feel that he's doing this. Good luck. I hope he isn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• You asked him and he said no.. but I'm with the others, it smells completely different for masturbation and sex.
    I'm sorry but I think he's been cheating, and it's likely because he's afraid he's going to hurt you or the baby, or maybe it's because you've been so moody? I'm not saying it's your fault at all, if he is cheating, it's a choice HE made and you don't have much control over your hormones that's making you have mood swings (you can choose to not say anything when you're mad tho, and just walk to the other room instead of saying hurtful things).
    And apologies don't undo the damage of the hurtful words... emotional scars take longer to heal if they ever do. Words can hurt so much worse than fists.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2009