IUD symptoms-anybody relate?

I have a Paragard IUD. had it for 2 yrs now..I seem to be wet most of the day,or have a slight amount of discahrge come out. It usually doesnt smell,rite nowit does for some reason..my period has been changing dates last couple of months;last month it was 11 days late! the PG tests said NO (took 3).so im just wondering how many others have these symptoms or diff. ones. im considering taking it out b/c the discharging is very emabarrasing to my sex life! (i have to clean before doing anything!) *if u cant say anything nice-dont say anything at all!

MamaCass2003

Asked by MamaCass2003 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Health

• I also have an iud but i have the marina i havent had any problems with mine except that i did have my period for like 2 years and now i am starting to have them again... Well i am not a doctor or anything but i sounds like you might have Bacterial vaginosis i can be treated with anti- biotics if u were you i would go to the gyn.... i hoped that my advice helped
    calibaby9205

Answer by calibaby9205 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yes,i get that BV alot,i have meds..ive just been tryin to see more symptoms before i take the meds. guess ill start em again! (sigh) thanks tho!
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• You aren't supposed to douche. It's bad for your body so you might have an infection from that. Other than that, my gyno said that a little light bleeding is common for IUDs. I have Mirena and I'm pretty happy with it.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 12:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• no, i dont douche-that stuff is unnecessary. i just take lots of baths (no soaps) and wip with a wipie before my bf comes over. when i DO get my periods,they are heavy heavy! i go thru a super tampon an hr!!! has anyone gotten pregnant? did a test say negative?
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• No pregnancy that I know of. If that isn't normal for you then you should go talk to your gyno cuz there might be an infection or maybe there is something wrong with the IUD. Do you check your strings monthly? If you can't feel the strings then it might have fallen out or something. My gyno said that some women lose their IUDs and never notice. Are you in any pain?
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 10:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• actually the Dr that put it in never told me to check the strings! it was when i went in for a checkup at my local Health Dept. that he asked me and i said "I didnt know i was suppossed to be checking them!" but i did check today,and i feel the string in the middle-but i also feel the IUD,so i think its slipped or tilted or something! im gonna go to the hospital Monday to get it checked out b/c its starting to bother me. i have symptoms of it moving or an ectopic pregnancy..so i need to get checked and get it over with! ill be sure to let ya know!
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2009