Why can't everyone see this?

I see so many posts of this one bad-mouthing Obama, that one bad-mouthing Bush - Obama is to blame - Bush is to blame - yadda yadda yadda. Has anyone stopped to realize that the underlying problem has NOT been totally that of either President? Take a look at the members of Congress - they have quite a bit of power, and many of them were in during the Bush Admin and are STILL in during the Obama Admin. I think the bashing should extend to members of Congress as well - not just Bush & Obama. For instance, many on here bash Bush. Yeah, sure, he wasn't the greatest in the world, but look at the background he had during his term - Congress. Now, look to right now, right here - the majority of the same Congress is in the background of Obama. And guess what? WE are the idiots who keep these jerks in office!

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Some have brought that up quite a bit.I am not included in that "we" though :)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yeah, anyone who thinks the president has total control does not see the whole picture...but what is the question here?
    Anonymous

• The question is, WHY CAN'T EVERYONE SEE THIS?
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• the Government has their hands in too much of our shit. Pretty soon we are going to be sitting face to face with socialism.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Very valid point OP. I have stated this several times,really annoys me that others don't understand this..ugg
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Just so you are aware. The congress has changed some. For Bush's first 6 years, it was majority republican. It was only more dems the last 2 years. The republicans were voted out due to the poor job they were doing (Clinton also had a majority republican congress and were doing well....til Bush came along)

In the next few years we will see if the people decide they are not doing the job that Americans want done.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes more dems in the last 2 yrs that blocked any call for curbing the fannie mae freddie mac mess.
    Anonymous

• There is no balance of power now, that is NOT good.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• clapping  Very well said OP!!!  You are absolutely correct.  We should fire almost everyone in DC and start over.  We should start over with some "regulations" of our own this time.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I absolutely agree. Not sure what the Q is here, but here's my two cents anyway: Wanna know what else everyone is missing? Did you know that ALL Members of Congress get a $10,000 pay raise damn near EVERY Year? And did you also know that even when they resign or retire, they KEEP getting PAID Those Ridiculous Salaries? Honestly, I can't remember where I've read about it (twice) but it's true! THAT'S WHAT WE NEED TO CHANGE - Congress' trifflin' bums.
    emBlaze

Answer by emBlaze at 11:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2009