are heating pads safe during pregnancy

my back has been killing me for weeks ive tried mucle rubs to warm bathes to ice packs and nothing works and i was just wondering if heating pads are safe im 21 weeks so i dont see how the baby would be affected but im just not to sure ive put it on low or warm wich are the lowest settings and it helps alot but my husband freaked out when he found out saying we dont know if it cook his brains out lol please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my doctor told me no. and no hot baths or anything that could really raise your body temp. it could be harmful for the baby.
    Anonymous

• the other poster is right but as long as you have it on low, and don't lay right on it you'll be fine just don't let your body get too hot.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 10:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my doc told me a heating pad was okay, as long as it wasn't on my tummy, and was too high. Also your body will let you know when it is over heated, its not like your going to over heat your baby with out knowing it.
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 12:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My doc said he wouldn't recommend them because people misuse them, but it sure feels great on my lower back. I put mine on low and lay on it, just not for long.
    tinkle84

Answer by tinkle84 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2009