• In the Spotlight:

have any of your kids had staph infection?

if so what did they do for it and how long did it last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• yup and we were perscribed the bactroban cream. Works like a charm. and depending on your childs age you could ask your doctor about using the hibeclense (pronounced hib-a-cleanse) its what doctors use to scrub in and kills all the bacteria on them. When our son had M.R.S.A. we couldn't get rid of it and the wash has kept it away for 5 months now (1 more month until he is in the clear!!! YAY!!) and you dont need a perscription for the wash its on the shelf at walgreens
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes, and my 2 year old and I both have been hospitalized because of it. Its horrible and spreads everywhere. You have to wash everything, use bactroban like the pp said but you can also ask the Dr. for sliveadene(sp) cream. It worked for us. Read up on it. MRSA is the most common type and the most risistant to anitbiotics. Just wash everything and don't touch it and then touch something else. WASH YOUR HANDS CONSTANLY. My son was miserable with his....its so sad to see a baby in pain. He had it once on the back of his leg and once on his testicals. I'm so sorry you have to go through this and I know you feel "ashamed" or like you feel like its a horrible thing for your kid to have but just remember its very prevelant and tons of ppl have had it. Its nothing to be concerend about. You should be vocal and warn anyone he's been around and esp anyone who has come in contact with his bodily fluids...Good luck. Talk to your dr.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes, my daughter is one of those cases you hear about with the recurring staph infections known as MRSA. She has been getting it every month to every other month since she has been 1 year of age. We just got out of the ER this morning because I needed a prescription because she started to show signs of the MRSA again. They put her on bacterium... and I has to give it to her twice a day for 10 days... then it goes away.. but this little super bug is awful... If I don't catch it RIGHT away it will spread everywhere leaving nasty scars... Their is NOTHING you can do to prevent MRSA either... its an ongoing problem in our country... All you can do with staph infections is to make sure to wash your hands a lot! I guess a lot of people have their own opinions on this stuff... but no one is to blame... its something that happens! Good luck! If you have any other questions you can IM me!

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009