napping in crib??

My son co-sleeps now, but we are in the transition of getting him to sleep in his crib at night. Should I be putting him there for his naps also?? I don't know if it will help with this, or just confuse him thinking that nap time is bed time also. Where do your kids nap??
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i put my son in his crib to take naps but now he is three he has a bed and he doesnt take naps anymore. he says its not dark out. but at night time he says its dark its time to take a big long nap
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I was worried about that at first too, but my daughter naps in her crib, and she sleeps in there at night too. I think she knows the difference because during her naps, the light comes in through the curtains, and at night it doesn't.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 10:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My kids always slept in their own beds, which included naps. Really in a way nap time is bedtime too, and kids are smart. If there is light coming in and normal daytime noises outside he'll figure out that it's naptime and not bedtime. Good luck.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My daughter naps in her crib and sleeps there at night too. I think the biggest thing is lighting. If it gets too dark back there at a nap time (on overcast days) I'll turn on a lamp or the hall light so she knows it's not bedtime yet.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My son naps usually in his swing or in his crib. For the first 6 weeks I had him in his bassinet next to my bed, and I started putting him in his crib for naps for about a week before I started putting him in there for bed, so that he would know that its safe and a place for sleep, although its also one of his favorite play places too. He loves his mobile. But when I started putting him in there at night, I would turn on his night light, and fan, and humidifer, and mobile, hehe. and he would play for bout 20 minutes and fall asleep on his own. And he does this almost every night and has been sleeping through the night ever since. Hes four 1/2 months now. Good luck.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My daughter slept next to out bed in her bassinet/packnplay for a few months, but when she started getting to big for that I started putting her in her crib for naps to get her used to it. Once she was to big for her bassinet i put her crib in our room haha. Just so she doesnt get scarred and not realize where she is at. I would ONLY put her in her crib or bassinet when she was ready for a nap or bedtime.That way she knows that it is only for sleep time. Eventually it got to where I would lay her down and no fussing she would put her arm over her eyes (for nap time cuz of the light) and go to sleep. Now Im working on moving her out of our room but Im not ready for that haha.
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 11, 2009