Embarassed/Ashamed about kids sickness

Have you even been embarassed that you or your kid has had something wrong? Like staph or lice? These are common ailments but a lot of ppl get embarassed/ashamed when it happes to them. I know when my son had staph it really freaked me out and I didnt want to tell anyone. But after I told a few ppl I figured it out that a lot of ppl have had it and it wasn't a big deal.

For some reason a lot of ppl associate certain stuff with being "dirty" but really its just something that happens and is normally out of your control. Just wondered casue someone in Health posted a staph question Anon and I wondered if she was embarrased or what?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 10:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Goaliemom93 - ringworm is actually a fungus, not a worm. No need to be embarrassed! I am a nurse, and I want to point out that we all have staph on our skin pretty much all the time. All it needs is an way to get in, like a wound. MRSA is in the community now and not just in the hospitals. It is a health concern, but nothing to be embarrassed about.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my kid has had staph since she was 14 months old...shes almost 4 now and she hasnt gotten one in 8 months..im not embarassed but now educated on the subject
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Although my children are grown, I have found that by the time they are grown, you can talk about anything, anytime without being embarrassed! All children acquire things we are not happy about, heck it even happens to some of us from time to time! But, again, I like the idea that cafemom offers us the anonymous button and I prefer to use it all I can. Even though I do not use any real information, pics or otherwise, on the internet, I still like the anonymous button!
    Anonymous

• Me, my daughters father, and my daughter all had mrsa, I was embarassed at first but now I'm not. It can happen to anyone.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 11:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My son is speech delayed and I'm a little embarrased, because I see other kids his age talking up a storm and he has to work hard to get the little words out he speaks now. I think I'm more embarrased of myself, not him. Like maybe I did something wrong.
    Anonymous

• When my son was 13 had ringworm that was so big by the time he showed it to me I was embarrassed to even take him to the doctor, but joked it off saying "please just call CPS about this so he will learn to show me stuff before it gets out of hand!"
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• After all the years of parenthood, illnesses and injuries the only thing I've struggled with is mental illness in my youngest. I've been very guarded with family members with this and I try to keep it as under wraps as possible but the school and certain other people have got to know about it. People tend to react strangely when they know a child is severely mentally ill.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2009