what would you do if you caught your daughter looking at porn?

she is only 13 and two days ago i walked into her bed room and caught her watcing a porn video! please tell me how you would go about this situation.

LucyG.

Asked by LucyG. at 10:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Talk to her, she is just curious is all. Maybe she's ready for the birds and bees talk I was 11 when I watched my first porn. Ask her what she wants to know. She's gonna find out one day and I think you would want it to be you that she finds out the information from.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well its obvious you talk to her about sex. Answer any questions she may have, even if they are a bit uncomfortable for you. You wouldnt want her to get all her info from the porn! Just talk to her--see what she knows, what she needs to know. GL
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i would ask her why she was looking. she may have been curious as to what exactly the fuss is all about. she may have heard about something at school and she was trying to find out what it was. so i would sit her down and just ask, if she tells you that it was to find something out than just explain that next time you would rather her come to you and you guys can discuss it. if its for well, other purposes i don't know
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Have "the talk."
    Anonymous

• Also I wouldnt get mad at her and punish her. Its just her being curious
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I was curious around 14. Make sure she knows how to take care of her body. Tell her it is okay to be curious everyone is at some point in time that's how we learn. Talk to her and tell her you would like it if she would wait to have sex, and if shealready has tell her you are there to talk to, and then go take her to get tested and on bc pills. thats what i would do hoppe that helps
    Anonymous

• You need to talk to her, but assure her that by watching the video, she has done nothing wrong. Let her know that it is totally normal to be curious. However, I would tell her the importance of not watching stuff like that on the internet.
    Anonymous

• Our fifth grader is learning about sex ed it's called " growing and changing" and right now their studying the anatomy and the the proper pronunciation and she's thinks it is so embarrassing. I honestly would be shocked if I caught her watching porn but she is a little younger so that makes a big difference. I do agree diamondmama that she is just curious but their are levels of porn and most of it is just disgusting. How did she get her hands on a porn movie?
    Anonymous

• First I would take her computer out of her room. Not only so she doesn't look at porn but because there are scary people out there and you don't know who she is talking to. The statistic is something like one in three kids is sexually expoited on the internet. If the computer is out in the open where you can see over her shoulder she is much less likely to indulge in risky behavior.
    I would talk to her to her and tell her that while she may be curious about sex and sexuality that it is inappropriate at her age to be watching porn videos. Tell her it can cause her to be desensitized to sexual behavior maybe leading her to make poor choices later on.

Is she having sex? This is when you have a real serious talk with her about sex. If she won't talk to you maybe she will talk to your sister or good friend or even a friends mom.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would say... Oh look! this one is my favorite... Your father and I watch it all the time! She will be so disgusted by that, that I think she won't look at porn again for awhile at least! muwahahahahahahaaaaaa!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2009