MUDHOLES

Ok...when I was little I would play in the mud all day on a summer rainy day. How many moms do not mind their child getting messy? And how many do? The weird part is, even though my parents let me get totally messy, I think it was because I really had no nice clothes, shoes, or anything to ruin... I hate when my daughter ruins her nice clothes. My mom however gets so mad that I don't let her play in mud and dirt and all that fun stuff. But I see nothing wrong with a nice, clean girl. Anyone else out there cringe when they see their child covered in dirt??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no, i try not to dress my daughter up if we are going somewhere to play. just jeans and a tee shirt that isn't too expensive that way she can get all muddy and dirty and it won't make me nuts. i mean they are kids that is what kids are supposed to do, run around outside and spend the day getting dirty
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• no way. i had so much fun playing in the mud and dirt growing up why would i deny my son that. just put the kid in some clothes you dont mind getting ruined when they go out. if all their clothes are too nice, make a trip to the thrift store and get some.
    Anonymous

• Nah. my son is a mudbug. He loves it and being outside. We actually have a really cute pic of him a fairly big puddle when he was like 7 months. He loved to spalsh in them and squish the mud, just had to keep him from eating it.....

As for the mess, let them run around in just underwear and hose them down when they're done.What do kids care what they wear or if they wear anything.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My son used to play in the mud in his underwear if it was nice out and in older clothes if it was cooler weather. Just get your DD some "play clothes" that can get messed up and dirty.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My kids were always outside playing and getting dirty.I never worried about it since they were washable and they didn't shrink when I washed them.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i get cheap clothes for the kids to play outside in...like comfy ones from garage sales. then they ahve nice ones when we actually have to go somehere. that way i get the best of both worlds
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I have play clothes for when the kids want to get messy and nicer clothes for when we go out. I love that my kids like to get dirty lol. I don't want them to grow up to be germaphobes not that that is all bad but not all germs are bad for you and a lot make your immune system stronger. I sometimes like to get down and dirty with them they have so much fun so no i don't mind as long as they are in their play clothes :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2009