What do you think "orbs" are? Open to everyone.

Have you ever seen "orbs" in real life or on TV? What do you think they are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You mean the little dots in pictures or videos that people think are ghosts? It's dust, a bug, something floating in the air illuminated by the camera flash, stuff on the camera lens, whatever, but it's not a ghost. This is one thing I do NOT believe about those ghost hunting shows. It's so obvious to me that it's not supernatural.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My hubs and son have seen orbs on the Gettysburgh Battlefield. They are spirits,entitities. They look like balls of light.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 11:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Orbs are nothing more hten collections of energy. Swamps have orbs above them all the time. Do i think they mean that a sprit or ghost is near? Not really. Energy is something that cannot be destroyed. And with all the electrical things around now, it's no wonder there are so many orbs floating around. My theory is that orbs are created after a lightening strike.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• In all honesty,I have my doubts as well, since ive not experienced anything like this at all,and im sure alot of it is dust,etc,BUT,my son was scared to death on that battlefield,by something that just was there...a presence followed by an orb.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 11:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I thought an orb was another work for eye.
    Anonymous

• *word not work
    Anonymous

• I only see them in my pictures from time to time. I've heard the whole dust spec theory thing but I don't buy it. Have you ever seen the dust in the air when light is shining through a window? - I've never seen any orbs in that, just in pics around people or in old rooms - and I'm only talking about my own photos that I take - be it 35mm or digital. I'm not into supernatural stuff or ghosts, but I am open to the possiblity that those "orbs" I have seen in photos are something significant.
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 12:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• THEY ARE CONCENTRATED ENERGY FIELDS, MY DAUGHTER LIVES IN THE FIRST HOUSE I EVER BOUGHT, WHERE SHE WAS BORN. MY FATHER ALSO LIVED IN THIS HOUSE, HE ADORED HER AND WHEN SHE BECAME AN ADULT SHE MOVED IN THIS HOUSE AND SHE IS CONVINCED THAT HIS SPIRIT RESIDES THERE. HER HOUSE IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE HER CAMERA CATCHES THESE ORBS, SHE USES THE SAME CAMERA ANYWHERE ELSE AND THEY DON'T COME OUT. YOU KNOW HOW THEY SAY THAT ANIMALS CAN EASILY DETECT THESE SORT OF THINGS, WELL ONE DAY HER DOG WAS STARING AND BARKING AT THE TV SCREEN (WHICH WASN'T ON) SO SHE DECIDED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE SCREEN, WELL YOU KNOW WHAT CAME OUT? THE PROFILE OF MY FATHERS FACE, CLEAR AS DAY. I BELIEVE THOSE ORBS ARE RELATED TO SOME SORT OF ENERGY.

Answer by older at 9:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I have seen one with my own eyes...only once...and I wasn't sleepy or under the influence of anything. I don't know what to think of it honestly. It's only happened the one time so I guess I think of it as a fluke, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I've seen ball lighting but never orbs. But when it comes to pictures, I do think a lot of it is bunk and can be explained mundanely.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2009