would you call the cops if you lived in duplex and you neighbors downstairs were playin their music so loud that it shook your floor at 10 at night waking up your toddler.. and you tried to go down and talk to them but they were jerks about it?

i NEVER call the cops (unless i see someone in serious danger or commiting a bad crime) but this is getting redicuolous and its not the first time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i never all the cops, butttttt if they were up alright having a party they sure are gunna wanna sleep in the next morning right??? you have a little one that i asume that can walk and toddlers love getting up as soon as the sun, RUN around your appartment like crazy animals (safely of course=) make a whole bunch of noise. The babys not gunna know what your doing other then playing, but you will=)
    i do it to the people next door their such jerks, and it pisses them off they bang on the wall i just make more noise. you shouldnt have to live like that but if you do make it entertaining.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 11:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would probably call the landlord first. He can give them a warning and if that doesn't work, The I'd call the cops. Is there a noise ordinance in your town?
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Go for it if they can't respect you than call the cops .....
    Anonymous

• I would totally call the cops! I am like you and don't call over every little thing but there is most likely a noise ordinance in your town and they usually are 10 pm. So if someone isn't abiding by that call...especially if you have tried to talk to them first.
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yep. I would and have done it.
    You can look up the non-emergency number in the phone book.
    We live around a lot of college kids, where there are parties all the time. I don't call the cops unless they wake up my kids. But once they are awake I do call.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• if they were jerks than ya i probably would. i would say call your landlord like the pp but unless the landlord lives on the property and is going to come over there to talk to them while it is happening than it probably won't do any good. i would call the cops, call the non-emergency number and just file a complaint
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• That is disturbing the peace...you damn skippy I would. And tell them I did it too.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I never call the cops either.
    ...but yes. if i encountered this problem then i would call the cops.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yep, I'd call!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have called the cops for that very reason. They showed up within 2 minutes, and must have arrested him-- although I dont' think it was for the noise violation. My guess is he was high on something and it must have been obvious. He was gone for about a week. He used to drive a big Dodge pickup, then the next thiing I knew, he had a little cheap car in his parking spot.

Your landlord cannot enforce the noise violations-- only law enforcement can. Your landlord can warn the person, and if they don't comply after X number of warnings, your landlord can use it as a basis to terminate the lease and/or start eviction proceedings.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009